As you plan your end of year contributions, we thank you for your continued philanthropy.
Plan ahead to maximize benefits of your 2022 gift
Begin early to evaluate the charitable gifts you have made this year, and those you are considering. Allow time to consult financial advisors and to complete all necessary steps in time to count your gift for the 2022 tax year. Your qualifying 2022 contribution will help the Cleveland Public Library create a community where reading, learning and imagination thrive.
Maximum tax benefits depend on timing. Here’s how to complete your 2022 gift to the Cleveland Public Library Foundation by year-end.
Your gift by check
US Postal Service
- Date your check on or before Dec. 31, 2022, and
- Mail via U.S. Postal Service with postmark on or before Dec. 31, 2022.
- Gift checks mailed via U.S. Postal Service with postmark and check date on or before Dec. 31, 2022 will be counted for 2022 regardless of when they are received at the Cleveland Public Library Foundation.
The address for mailing, shipping, or hand-delivery of your check:
Cleveland Public Library Foundation
325 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
You can hand-deliver a check made out to Cleveland Public Library Foundation to any Library branch by Friday, December 31, 2022.
- Date your check on or before Dec. 31, 2022.
- Place your check and printed giving form in a sealed envelope addressed to Cleveland Public Library Foundation.
- Hand-deliver the envelope to a Library staff member by 5 p.m. on Friday Dec. 30, 2022.
Questions about your gift by check? Email email@example.com or call 216-902-4925.
Your gift by credit card
The way you send your gift determines the deadline, since your credit card gift is effective for tax purposes on the date the card is charged (processed by the Foundation).
Credit card gifts by telephone
- Deadline is 5 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, Dec. 30, 2022
- Call 216-902-4925
Credit card gifts online
- Deadline is 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, Dec. 31, 2022.
- Make your gift using our secure online giving form
Questions about your credit card gift? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-902-4925.
Gifts of stock
The holiday season is an excellent time to invest in your Library and leverage charitable tax benefits before the end of 2022. If you are considering a gift, appreciated securities may be a great option for you. Donating stock can help you avoid capital gains tax and you are able to deduct the gift as a charitable donation at its fair market value. It’s a smart and simple way to invest in community literacy, lifelong learning and access to opportunity offered by your Library.
Electronic securities transfer
- Your electronic transfer of securities from a brokerage account is complete when the securities have been received by an account owned by the Cleveland Public Library Foundation. Important: These gifts are not considered complete upon giving instructions to a broker.
- Your electronic transfer gift is counted for tax purposes only when it is complete (see above).
- Initiate your transfer early. It is wise to allow several weeks. While some transfers may be received within days of your instructions, longer delays are possible, especially at year-end.
- Deadline: Your electronic transfer must be received by 11:59 p.m., on Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022.
- Gifts of securities may be wire transferred from your bank or brokerage account to the Cleveland Public Library Foundation account at Fifth Third Securities Inc. Please ask your broker to provide the transfer agents with your name so we can identify and acknowledge your gift.
- FBO: Cleveland Public Library Foundation
Account Number: 019-405291
DTC#: 0226, clearing though National Financial Services (NFS)
Questions about transferring any gift of securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds)? Contact Tracy Martin at (216) 623-2831 or email email@example.com
Call Shenise Johnson Thomas at (216) 902-4925 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.